Monday, January 27, 2020

Combination of Video and Paint

This week I have mostly worked on producing a refined version of last week's mock up piece by combining video with different mediums such as photography and watercolor. I have been trying to experiment with different mediums to produce abstract imagery. My biggest challenge with this piece has been the creation of the drawings/paintings/collages because I have been trying to find the right balance between abstraction and minimalism. However, I think it is important to visualize a larger piece with more than one moving segment.


In terms of research for the week, I have been revisiting the bulk of my research from last semester that I feel remains relevant. Specifically, I revisited my research around philosophers like Nietzsche, Wittgenstein, and Baudrillard. I'm now focusing on honing in specific ideas from these sources, such as Baudrillard's commentary on the hyperreal (and its relation to the interpretation of reality through different languages), Nietzsche's questioning of language as an accurate interpretation of reality, and Wittgenstein's view of language as an organized, codified system. I believe this will be my biggest challenge, to convey these ideas within the visual representations of reality that I produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment