Friday, February 14, 2020

Poetry and Monochromatic Experiments

This past week my work has mostly consisted of various experimentations. I am currently testing out different color palettes for a monochromatic mock-up that I plan to produce. At this point I believe I will be using cool colors in my work, but I am also making sure to test out the way that earthy tones could work in the mock-ups. I know for sure I want to avoid an overly "pretty" look to the paint, as I think was the result of last week's mock-up with the black background.

As such, my research has mainly consisted of investigating several approaches for tackling a piece that uses a single color. In order to create a bit more visual diversity, I can mix my color with black, grey, and white to produce different shades, tones, and tints. This will be particularly useful because it can help me make a design that uses the different shades to create the illusion of depth. It is also helpful to create a flow or a relationship between the variations of the color, so I plan to incorporate that as I continue to refine my mock-ups.

I have also been working on new dialogue for the refined audio I will use in my final piece. I have been focusing on the relationships between Spanish and English when they are incorporated together in a poetic format and I have also attempted to improve the quality of the language itself. Since I now have a more accurate idea for the final version of my work, I have been able to produce text that has a closer and more effective link to the material in my art.


           Apunte, apunto de una feliz desquietud,
            Una voz que me resulta conocida
            Que indica, comenta, inquieta, 
            Lamenta las tartamudas que nos interesan
            Por sus lindas bocas que forman el sentimiento
            Y forman incomprensible
            Inconsebible 
            Perhaps here or there
            Los signficados
            Signified, signifier, sister, mister 
            Glossy incarnations 
            Que sin sus formas, sus casas son
            (With the utmost intent to defile)
            Desnudos e inutiles

           
            Que sea tan dificil 
            lo que me dices
            Apart from a disappearance 
            and the linger of a smile
            Si tu belleza pudiera extender mas allá que mis oídos
            Entre ciertas lagrimas 
            that fading summer somewhere behind me
            aspiraria
            tus intenciones
            Oigo a veces pero aun así
            no te escucho

No comments:

Post a Comment