Monday, November 25, 2019

Image and Sound

This past week I produced a refined video utilizing old and new imagery and an updated version of the poem in the "Philosophy of Language" post. 

In this new video I attempted to employ the ideas that I have researched and worked with throughout the semester, especially those of philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein. In my video piece I reflect on Wittgenstein's idea of imagined autonomy and how speakers of a language must accept meaning in order for the language to be effective. I utilize words that do are not reflected literally through the piece but instead are meant to evoke a reflective view of language. Through the language utilized in the video, speaking not of windows and drapery but instead of a constant coming and going of day and night, I showcase how language can expand upon what it literally communicates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment